Montana State Parks · 1420 E. 6th Avenue · Helena, MT 59620
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 11, 2012
CONTACT: Jarret Kostrba (406) 254-7342
· Summer Earth Stewardship series scheduled at Pictograph Cave
BILLINGS — Pictograph Cave State Park’s weekly Earth Stewardship program series for children is set to start June 8 and run through August.
The program is designed to get children ages 7 to 11 outdoors for one morning a week to participate in hands-on archaeological and natural resource activities.
Reservations are required by calling Pictograph Cave State Park at (406) 254-7342. A $2 donation for snacks and materials is requested for each weekly program.
Children may participate in any or all of the sessions. They include:
- · June 8: Introduction to Pictograph Cave State Park
- · June 15: Nature awareness
- · June 22: Surviving the plants at Pictograph Cave
- · June 29: Archaeology: rock art
- · July 6: Archaeology: excavation and early technology
- · July 13: Fur, scat and tracks
- · July 20: Rocking out: geology
- · July 27: Native games and stories
- · Aug. 3: Dutch oven cooking
Pictograph Cave State Park is five miles south of Billings on Coburn Road. It is one of 54 Montana state parks that offer a variety of recreational, cultural, historical and natural resource opportunities.
Connect with Montana State Parks online at http://stateparks.mt.gov, on Facebook atMontana State Parks or on Twitter at @mtstateparks.