- FWP Seeks Comment On 2014 Open Water Fishing Contests November 26, 2013Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks is seeking comment on fishing contests proposed for next year's open water season.
- Trout numbers remain high in Missouri River November 25, 2013Fish surveys this year indicate rainbow and brown trout numbers remain above the long-term average in the Missouri River between Holter Dam and the town of Cascade.Bruce Auchly
- Lake Trout Netting in Swan Lake and Swan Valley Bull Trout Redd Counts Completed For 2013 November 6, 2013Lake trout netting: The fifth year of targeted gillnetting to remove non-native lake trout in Swan Lake wrapped up in late October. A total of 6,988 lake trout ranging in size from 5 to 36 inches were removed by gill nets during the juvenile netting portion of the project which was conducted from August 12 to August 30, 2013. This time period was chosen beca […]
- Future Fisheries Improvement Grant Deadline Nears November 6, 2013Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks reminds landowners, watershed groups, and others that the winter deadline to apply for Future Fisheries Improvement Program grants is Nov. 30.
- Sidney Bridge FAS Construction to be Completed Soon November 4, 2013SIDNEY, Mont.—Construction of the new boat ramp at Sidney Bridge Fishing Access Site is expected to be completed by the end of November.
- Spawning Surveys in the Flathead Show Positive Results for Bull Trout October 23, 2013Bull trout spawning surveys in eight North and Middle Fork Flathead River tributaries were completed by FWP between October 1 and October 10 and the results are encouraging. Biologists count the number of “redds” or nests built in streambed gravels by adult bull trout from Flathead Lake. Identical sections are counted annually and represent a known portion ( […]
- Spotted Eagle fishery efforts to improve opportunity in 2014 October 23, 2013MILES CITY, Mont.--Improved fishing opportunity at Spotted Eagle is the expected outcome of work efforts between the Miles City Chapter of Walleye’s Unlimited, City of Miles City and Fish, Wildlife and Parks.
- Initial Bailey Reservoir FAS Improvements Completed; Firearms Rules Set October 22, 2013Initial improvements have been completed at the Bailey Reservoir Fishing Access Site (FAS) west of Havre.Ron Selden
- Agencies Advise Limited Consumption Of Some Fish Species Below Mill Site On Clark Fork River October 17, 2013Three state agencies today issued fish consumption advisories for northern pike and rainbow trout on a 105-mile stretch of the Clark Fork River in western Montana.
- FWP Seeking Comments On Pine Grove Pond Fishing Access Site October 11, 2013Montana Fish, Wildlife, & Parks (FWP), Region 1, has written a draft environmental assessment (EA) for the Pine Grove Pond Fishing Access Site Proposed Addition Acquisition for the purpose of accepting the donation of 5.39 acres of land northeast of Kalispell, Montana, near the Whitefish River and adjacent to the Pine Grove Pond Fishing Access Site (FAS) […]