- FWP Seeks Comment on New Option for Wake Regulation Change on Lake Alva September 5, 2013Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks (FWP) is seeking public comment beginning September 5 on an alternative proposal for a watercraft wake regulation on Lake Alva.
- Increased Black Bear Sightings August 13, 2013Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks biologists and game wardens are seeing an increase in black bear activity in southeast Montana and sightings have become more frequent and close to communities.
- Sportsmen Urged To Continue Fire Awareness August 13, 2013Everyone appreciates a safe and fire-free fall hunting experience. The 2013 fall hunting season is a few weeks away and the early archery-hunting season begins mid-August. Landowners and land management agencies are concerned about fire danger despite the recent rains our area has experienced.
- Firewood Available July 25, 2013MILES CITY, Mont. – In early July, a thunderstorm and high winds uprooted cottonwood trees did significant damage to camp sites at Twelve Mile Fishing Access Site south of Miles City.
- Beware of Fire Danger July 19, 2013As summer temperatures heat up, Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks reminds everyone who plans to be outdoors to be aware that fire danger is also on the rise.
- Beware Of Fire Danger July 17, 2013As summer temperatures heat up, Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks reminds everyone who plans to be outdoors to be aware that fire danger is also on the rise.
- Otter Attack in West Yellowstone Area July 10, 2013Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks is asking the public to use caution around otters after a confirmed attack on a woman in the Hebgen Basin. The attack occurred Tuesday night near the Madison River Bridge (mile marker four on Highway 191). The woman suffered significant bites to her hand. There is also an unconfirmed report of a male angler being attacked as […]
- 12 Mile FAS Suffers Storm Damage July 9, 2013MILES CITY, Mont. -- The most recent thunderstorm and high winds uprooted cottonwood trees and did significant damage to camp sites and at Twelve Mile Fishing Access Site south of Miles City. The site will remain open however, Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks urges recreationists to use caution and be aware that it will take some time for crews to clean up t […]
- Manners Matter - How To Share The River July 5, 2013Montana's welcoming summer waters annually draw anglers, hikers, wildlife viewers, campers, floaters and boaters into the outdoors.
- Keep Safe On The Water This Summer July 5, 2013Summer days on the water with family and friends are ahead. Here’s a primer on how to keep those days safe and fun for the entire crew.